In the field of administrative procedures, ALTERNA counsels both administrative authorities in relations with natural persons and natural persons in relations with public authorities. We have experience in counselling and representing public authorities when conducting the administrative procedure, which includes solving challenge proceeding. We are also experienced in representing natural and legal persons in submitting applications and in administrative procedures as well as in negotiations with the public authorities. We represent our clients in administrative matters also in court.
The partners of ALTERNA are also actively participating in developing the Estonian legislation, being members of Business Law Committee and the Expert Committee for Insolvency of the Estonian Bar Association. Therefore we have the necessary knowledge and skills of legislative processes and policies.
ALTERNA aims to provide its clients a service that is thorough and high in quality. In the field of administrative procedures, we believe that it is not only needed to be familiar with the nuances of administrative procedure, but also have in-depth knowledge of a specific sector related to each case. For example, in order to successfully perform construction supervision or represent clients in this procedure, the attorney shall as well have deepened knowledge about construction law.
We defend our clients also in misdemeanour procedures, both in extra-judicial and court procedures of misdemeanours. Our client is provided with assistance in cases of traffic or other misdemeanours.
Selection of work done by ALTERNA’s attorneys:
- Counselling and representing a rural municipality Lääne-Saare Vallavalitsus in compiling an order about not issuing an occupancy permit;
- Counselling a legal person that was awarding professions under the Professions Act, about not being awarded professions when conducting the challenge proceedings, also compiling a decision on challenge;
- Representing and counselling a local government in a construction supervision procedure, more specifically about the safety of the construction work;
- Representing and counselling several clients in disputes regarding tax and liability decisions, both in pre-litigation proceedings and in court proceedings;
- Representing and counselling several clients in pre-litigation proceedings and court proceedings against local governments, regarding the matter of reimbursing the cost of child’s place in a preschool institution;
- Counselling several clients regarding the regulation of misdemeanours under Employment Contracts Act;
- Counselling and successfully representing a client in a misdemeanour procedure in Consumer Disputes Committee under the Advertising Act;
- Counselling a professional association about the regulation of misdemeanours in Advertising Act and the planned amendments of legal acts, taking into consideration the specifics of our clients’ activities.