Siret Siilbek, Partner in Law Firm ALTERNA, will participate as a lector in training “Legal remedies in construction contracts” organized by training company Addenda.
It often happens that main contractor or sub-contractor of a construction has done work with low quality or has performed it with significant delay. In this practical training we will discuss what and how to do in that kind of situations. Perspectives of both parties – the client and the contractor – will be handled. There will be also discussed legal remedies that can be used by the contractor in case of infringements caused by the client.
Among others, following problem situations will be discussed:
Contractor’s liability for the defects of the work, including
– Client’s right to withhold performance of his obligation
– Claim to improve or replace defective work
– Reduction of the contractor’s fee
– Claim for compensation of the damage caused to the client
– Claims for interest fees and penalties against contractor
– Customer’s right to withdraw from the contract due to contractor’s failure to fulfil his obligations
Customer’s liability for the failure to perform his obligations, including
– Contractor’s right to refuse to execute his duties
– Claims for interest fees and penalties against the client
– Contractor’s right to withdraw from the contract due to customer’s failure to fulfil his obligations
Participation in training gives to the participator 6.4 training points (of the advanced tarining of the Estonian Association of Civil Engineers).
Additional information is available from the web page of training company Addenda, or you may also contact Siret using the following contact information:
firstname.lastname@example.org or +372 526 3981.
Law Firm ALTERNA